Shed roof materials

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got an old concrete sectional garage at the back of my garden that I'm halfing in size and making into a small shed. I've removed the old asbestos cement roof (safely) and am not looking at the roofing options.

I've got a load of old roof tiles I found under the hedge from the previous owner and calculate I have more than enough to cover a gable roof on the shed (3m x 2.9m). I've read a lot about the construction of the roof rafters etc and will make sure not to go over the 2.5m heigh that would require planning permission but I'm not sure about the actual roof covering under the roof tiles - is it just the frame with a ply covering then battens on which to apply the roof tiles or should I have some sort of membrane/felt under the battens under the tiles?

Any advice or good links welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Roofing felts across the rafters then tile battens or you can put plywood on top of rafters then roofing felts with battens to make it look pretty underneath! although you don't have to have roofing felts but could leak inside if there's a broken tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back