should I de-humidify

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
I've finally sorted my leaking windows upstairs- Yipee -
only thing is that downstairs walls have to 'dry out' inside as window has been leaking for some time
I'm just leaving it to 'dry naturally' - i've wiped off the mould and treated with a mould spray
someone at work said i should get a dehumidifier to dry it out as drying naturally will 'rot' the plaster
Is it worth getting a dehumidifier?
any advice appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
It's summer. Open the windows.

Is there visible dark damp or water staining? Is the wall papered? If so, you you mind stripping the paper off?

visibly damp - no wallpaper - had it newly plastered before i knew the leak existed (thats how we knew there was a leak lol!) - on the one wall you can see the outline of the damp as plaster has gone darker brown, compared to the non damp end, where it has 'run down' the inside of the wall, the other wall is plasterboard with plaster on it, that has gone black down the line of the leak - wiped with mould killer, and has now looking dark brown the same as the other 'wet'wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back