SHOULD I PAY HIM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
VOKERA BOILER PROBLEM INTERMITENT HOT WATER GOT ENGINEER OUT
HE CHANGES THE DIAPHRAM COST ME 200 POUND NEXT WEEK PROBLEM RETURNS WHAT SHOULD I DO

Sponsored Links
First turn off the CAPS.
If you havnt paid then dont till its working, if you have paid him, get him back.

WHich boiler?
It may have needed a new diaphragm , and loads of other things as well. You don't know about the gearbox until you have the engine running - but you have to pay to have the engine fixed before anyone will go on to the gearbox...

£200 sounds too much for a diaphragm if that's really all he did.
Bt if you agreed the price up front, you should pay, I would say.
Maybe get someone else.

In my exp, middle aged combis often have 4 things wrong with them before some final straw means an engineers gets called.

Sponsored Links
First, stop shouting.
Second, tell us the details required as in the announcement that says: read this before asking a question
Also: how long have you been there, current problem, service history

Nige F, would you like to tell more? What makes you think BG will do a better job then a sole trader or a competent heating engineer. Are you saying BG engineer are better than independent engineers? Are you saying BG engineers are of same caliber as BG engineers of bygone days?

Nige F, would you like to tell more? Certainly ;) What makes you think BG will do a better job then a sole trader or a competent heating engineer. ..............they won`t, do a better job, but at least they`ve got a massive computerised stock of parts :idea: Are you saying BG engineer are better than independent engineers? NO :arrow: Are you saying BG engineers are of same caliber as BG engineers of bygone days? :?: Dunno, I had the choice of Gas or Plumbing apprenticeship in 1970....gas was so boring (it seemed@ time ) Bugger I should`ve had a crystal ball and then voted Tha***er in :rolleyes:
and you can subscribe to one of their pay monthly cover schemes. For anyone a fan of Rogue Traders etc. Then the safety of BG is a good idea

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back