should we bug terror suspect

In every profession there are bad apples, whether it is Judges, Police, Doctors, MP's, the legal profession, gas engineers, electricians.....

I personally know of cases of bent solicitors supplying drugs to people in Police stations, selling stolen property, Doctors fiddling their claims to the NHS, Policemen who thieve and deceive

Does anybody really think all MP's are honest. Recent events indicate they are not. Nobody, (Cept the Queen of course), should be immune from the full weight of the law. If the crime is serious enough then bugging is a legitimate technique.

Covert eavesdropping of solicitors IS legal, where properly approved by the Surveillance commisioner, who is an Ex Law Lord.

Sponsored Links
If this is the sort of people that are supposed to be a threat to this country then I can't see no problem in using any means possible to stop them even if it upsets liberty international.
Terrorism isn't just about killing people Oompah its about destroying the fabric of civilised society.

Nothing would please the terrorists more than watching our country turn into a place nobody wants to live in because all of our liberties have been eroded in the war against terror.

Our fundamental way of life MUST be preserved else what exactly are we fighting for?

The ends never justify the means AFAIC.

MW
Can you go and demonstrate at downing street NO! so some civil liberties are already being eroded.How can you be sure that all of your phone calls be it mobile or landline are not being monitored to some degree anyway and possible this site as well.

It's well known that Internet forums are monitored, not because of terrorism via the forum but to gauge public opinion over a wide range of issues so that political parties get an insight into how the electorate are thinking.

Oh and as long as you ae talking in the pub then in theory MI5 could be listening in. But who wants to listen to drivel in the pub, on the phone, via email or any other means of communication? Get over you paranoia.

It's well known that Internet forums are monitored, not because of terrorism via the forum but to gauge public opinion over a wide range of issues so that political parties get an insight into how the electorate are thinking.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.........

Sponsored Links
If you were a political researcher - where would you look?

Oh and as long as you ae talking in the pub then in theory MI5 could be listening in. But who wants to listen to drivel in the pub, on the phone, via email or any other means of communication? Get over you paranoia.
Where did the pub bit come from?I'm not suffering from paranoia just retelling information as i see it.Use a cash machine you're on camera,enter any shopping mall you're in camera,enter a petrol station you're on camera.There are reckoned tobe 4.2 million surveillance cameras in this country watching,we have the biggest DNA data base in the world,so returning to the original post the chances are the terror suspect is likely to be bugged any how.

Last time I checked speed limits had nothing to do with civil liberties ... I do hope you're not going to become another one trick pony on this site Aspley.

Whilst I'm sure speeding will rear its head again (it generally does), there are far more important things going on in the World :)

Search this page for "juan trique ponee" for more important things.

dontknow.gif
I must be just widely read.

Surely its easier to just chase someone who 'looks dodgy' onto a tube train, hold him down and pump him full of lead.

No questiones asked...well none that the Chief wont try and cover up anyway..

Sponsored Links
Back