Shower And Cubicle Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a mixer shower in my en suite bathroom
The shower as 3 modes, a normal shower head, the shower head above and massage shower heads on the side
As far as I can see, the hot and cold water supply, comes from the bathroom next door to the en suite.

After a leakage at the weekend from the shower cubicle, I want to do replace the shower (I just want a normal shower head added to that the thermostat is not working properly), the tray and cubicle.

Currently the shower cubicle stands alone and there is a gap between the cubicle and walls either side. (It is attached to the wall by a pathetic screw!)

I want to rip out the old cubicle and tray, fit a new tray, tile the 2 walls either side of the shower, fit a new cubicle and then a shower.

To save cost I want to do all this myself, except the shower fitting and plumbing to the waste pipe.

How do I go about all of this?

My main worry is how do I disconnect the old shower and make it safe so no water will be coming through the hot and cold water pipes that lead to the current shower? Obviously I don’t want to cut off the water supply to the bathroom next door or to the sink in the en suite.

Secondly, when do I get the plumber to come and estimate for the installation of the new shower and the connection of new tray to the waste outlet?

This is my first post on the board so be kind :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back