shower cable

ban-all-sheds said:
But I would be surprised if in the narrow temperature band under consideration the resistance of a shower element varied by more than it does due to manufacturing tolerances.

Spoken like a true fizzissist/engineer! ;)

Sponsored Links
Aarrgghh! You cad!
utinstagib.gif

A-Level in one, C.Eng in the other, although I'm uncomfortable with the latter, as I think it devalues the importance of real engineers.

Depends on your definition of "real" engineer!

Many of my engineer colleagues (as in chartered engineers) take great offence when they see a van with "<insert trade here> engineer" written on the side of it.

To them it would be like someone working under the title of "medical doctor" when they are in fact a manufacturer of wheelchairs. It is related to medicine, but isn't medicine! In fact you would get into a lot of trouble claiming to be a doctor if you aren't one (for obvious reasons!).

I am personally in favour of a german-style scheme where to use the title "Engineer" you have to fulfill certain criteria. At the moment over here it is a cover-all term and anyone can claim to be one.

The advantage of being a physicist is that you can't really take it in vain or abuse it! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back