Shower choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all , looking to put shower in for my daughter who is single parent and looking for guidance on wether to go for electric or from hot water cylinder via a new team inbuilt pump type shower , what do you think would be cheapest to run in terms of energy .
I am not to worried about installation cost to much as that is down to me :( thanks Howy

Sponsored Links
Heating the water is cheaper by gas. Gas is about 1/3 cost of elec per Kwh. (there are some loses in the gas system, but not so as to make the difference much better) Also the performance of the pumped shower will be better.

So I would go for the pumped one (main advantage of the elec one is that it will always have hot water :) ) We;ve got one of these all in one pumped showers from Aqualisa and it's quite decent really.

And the electric shower will require a dedicated feed in 6mm or 10mm (depending on size) from the consumer unit. Which really is supposed to be done by an electrician who can self certify or notified to and inspected by Building Control. If you are bothered about such things.

Thanks Goloka , i was just thinking about summer when you would heat up a cylinder as opposed to just short bursts in lecy shower .
But as said gas is so much cheaper so looks as if mixer is way to go.
Howy

Sponsored Links
Well, I still heat up a tank of water in the summer. Still washing of people, washing up, baths etc. to be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back