shower cold

yours may not be a non stop flange which means you can push the pipe through the flange into the middle of the cylinder.
if yours is not a non stop the pipe will only just push in the flange and air will rise up the edge of the cylinder straight into your flange.

this gate valve it does work and not been shut or half open ?

i would say the airlock is on the cylinder side of the loop.
depends where the gate valve is as air only rises.
so no good if the gate valve is at the bottom.

Sponsored Links
have just loosened the gate valve compression nut (only one of the 2 nuts) and after a few seconds water started to come out). i didn't turn the gatve valves off, i left them both on to let the air flow free if that would have made any difference!!

it must have been an airlock somehow!

anyway, now the shower is hot and cold.... and together.......

so problem cured. you learn something new every day!!!!!

thanks for your help seco services.

see easy in the end.
but it makes it harder cause i can't see your pipework layout etc.

by the way, the gate valve was on the outlet close to the cylinder. the pipe from the cylinder came out for a short bit then went vertically down, this is where the gate valve is. quite lowish down but not too much.

Sponsored Links
thanks again seco for helping me fix my problem!! no more baths for a while now !!! just showers!!

one last thing i am thinking of as you mentioned it, and would like to know for reference: what is the point of an anti-gravity loop? what does it exactly do?

also, what is a WARWICK flange!! I know as mine, an essex is in the side, and a surrey goes in the top where the vent goes.

warix flange go's in the top same as a surrey but a warix takes compression fitting instead of mi.

anti gravity is useally used when a pump is in the system higher than the cylinder and stops air entering the pump.

of i see thanks for xplaining that. a surrey flange is connected to the cylinder using mi? what's that?? sorry for keeping on .... :oops:

compression20to20mi.jpg

thats a mi compression other end that screws into a surrey flange.

just been on wiki and google and a flange is not what i thought it was!! it is to supply an even amount of hot water to the fitting, ie shower, and is not to prevent air getting into the pipework!! and a yorkshire flange is also the same as a surrey!

surrey flange etc will stop air being drawn in as it has a tube that sits down in the cylinder preventing air being drawn in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back