shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i noticed on B&Q web site they are having a sale on certain shower enclosures.....really interested but need some help first.
i have a tiled opening of 800mm square wide,with tray and waste already installed....all i really need is a 800mm shower door but there bl~~dy dear.
the enclosures on offer at b+q are only 760 wide adjustable upto 20mm for out of true walls.....but if i fitted a 20 mm strip of wood to walls either side,would i be able just to fit the door and frame without using the side panel?or do you need to use the side panel

Sponsored Links
Why don't you see if you can get extended jams for the enclosure.
Some manufactures do a standard 760 door with the standard posts but you get posts are extra deep to go up to about 820mm with the 760 door.

what they called exactly so i can do a search for these?
that was going to be my next question..."is there any method of increasing the frame size"

The door frame stays the same it's just the post which fit on the wall are deeper letting you fill up the space. They are called extended jams or wall posts. The door frame fits into the posts. Check shower enclosure manu web sites or I'm sure the shed will do posts too but you'll be left with the ordinary ones, recycle them or use as shelf supports.

Sponsored Links
A few years ago I used a Wickes door on an 800 tray. About £80 then and still looks fine (I do the landlord's gas certs!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back