shower help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just replaced a electric shower like for like at home, but had to redo pipework and come down from ceiling, so put a t con into rising main that fills the small header tank in loft.

problem is everytime any1 showers, water pours from the overflow which happens to fall right over back door, how can i stop this?

Sponsored Links
have a large square tank of hot water with a small cold water tank on side, i teed off the cold pipe feeding the smaller cold tank.
now when using shower overflow runs and pours outside is this a simple prob or have i done something stupid?

Sponsored Links
Both loft tanks should be cold, the large one feeds the hot water cylinder and the low pressure cold, the small one feeds your heating system. You may just need your float valve adjusting or replacing.

larger tank has hot water and looks like largeheating coil inside and is fed from a smaller cold tank attached wich is fed from the rising main{i think} this is where i took my connection to shower from the main 15mm pipe that fills the small cold tank.

If you just replaced a shower like for like then why did you re-do pipe work?
What make of shower have you fitted and what make was there before?

because pipes were soldered on and tiled over, so no room to alter fitting without removing tiles.

i sorted it out this morning, ball cock leaking when shower was on, doddle this plumbing lark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back