Shower hot water not as hot as bath tap...help needed

Is there a guide on how to remove the cartridge. I don't want to start something without first having some idea of what's required for obvious reasons!

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
grohe.jpg

Cheers for that. I'll assume the cartridge is in the temperature selector and not the valve above?

Once I have the chrome cover plate off I hope to find some isolating valves but if not I think I have them at the pump end.

I'll assume the cartridge is in the temperature selector and not the valve above?

Yes the bottom valve. The top is a flow cartridge.

Once I have the chrome cover plate off I hope to find some isolating valves but if not I think I have them at the pump end.

No the shower mixer has no isolation valves you'll need to isolate the pump etc.

Also clean the filters non return valves, they are located each side of the temp valve.

Sponsored Links
Well I've turned the pump power off and shut off the hot & cold water feed valves to the pump yet I'm still getting water out of the shower head....how?

G-d forbid the plumber should have fitted valves to the output of the pump! Mind you, that would have cost him a fiver!

Thanks for that. It would appear that half of the cartridge is stuck inside the manifold and I'd rather not make the problem worse by pulling hard with pliers to extract. Can I immerse the half that did come off with One Shot or do I need to get the whole thing out?

Things have gone from bad to worse now. I removed the NRV on the left to see if it clogged and to be honest it wasn't that bad but I gave it a clean anyway. Put everything back and now I have no hot water at all, just cold. Anything I can do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back