Shower installation with a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I,m going to fit a new mira shower that will run off my combi boiler

Is it just a straight connection to hot and cold water feed or do i need to fit a one way valves to the hot water feed?

any other reccomendations ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
I would always recommend a non return valve in the hot feed EVEN if the shower says it has one built in as they are very poorly designed and often get stuck open with dirt.

Its best to fit one in both hot and cold so the flow resistances are more balanced.

Tony.

Just reading the shower installation instructions and it says to fit a water expansion tank to protect the shower if one is not fitted in the combi boiler
(seperate tank to the CH one)

does anyone one know if my combi has this extra internal expansion tank in addition to the CH one

Its a ravenheat he120 lonox

and if do need to fit an external tank where is the best place to fit it, and how big will it be, it also says the tank needs to be regularly maintained.. how do I mainatin it and how often?

cheers

Sponsored Links
No it doesn't. This is a new one on me, I always fit Mira Excel showers to combis and have yet to see this instruction, or in fact to ever need to fit non-return valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back