Shower installation

Shower is rated at 9.5kw
I'm using 10mm cable
Approx length when installed is about 22m

Sponsored Links
I've finished my shower installation now.
I used 10mm twin and earth cable through out
I put a 50Amp MCB in my CU, this is feeding a 40A RCBO consumer unit, which then goes of to the isloator switch and finally the shower.
The shower is 9.5kW 240V nominal or 8.7kW 230V nominal
The booklet recomended 10mm cable and a 40A or 45A MCB.
The shower works and the RCBO trips when I push the button.
Anyone see anything I have done wrong, please let me know.
Thanks for your help.

The shower works and the RCBO trips when I push the button.

Good, that proves the RCBO will trip on a simulated fault. This simulated fault is a current completely contained within the RCBO and does not involve any of the earth ciruitry external to the RCBO

Are you 100% sure it will also trip if there is a real fault, a potentially lethal fault, in the shower.

Sponsored Links
Did you notify this to the LABC before you carried out the work?
Are all circuits within the bathroom protected by an RCD and pipework checked to ensure it is adequately connected to the MET or is supplementary bonding in place?
Without seeing the cable run it isn't possible to say what the rating it - if it is run in any thermal insulation the current carrying capacity of it is reduced.
The circuit should also be tested to ensure that it is safe, pressing the test button only checks the internals of the RCBO.
Have you fitted an isolator?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back