Shower Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brothers shower is leaking within the wall somehow. We have changed the faceplate to the valve, checked all of the mastic joints to the bath and tile grout but it still continues to soak under the bath after a shower.

I cant believe a pipe has just given way behind a stud wall so is there anything else to look out for before we removed tiles and replace the unit?

Sponsored Links
Could be a compression fitting? From your description, it’s only leaking after a shower, not all the time?

Just when the shower is on and facing in a certain direction.

Sponsored Links
Stick a bit of plastic sheet over the wall and seal it around the shower head and draped into the bath, that will confirm one or the other.

This was my 1st thought but when you just give the tiles a good soaking there is no evidence of a leak. I am going to have another look and see what i can find and plastic up the back wall and leave running for a bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back