Shower mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On our mixer tap the knob you pull up to transfer water to the shower has got very tight,yesterday I put WD40 on it and it became loose, job done or so I thought. This morning it was as bad as ever and was very difficult to pull up. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is. :?:

Sponsored Links
Could be the rubber washer is degrading and becoming sticky. You'll have to dismantle it to see I'm afraid

To dismantle it I guess I would have to remove the mixer completly from the water supply.:( do you agree.

To dismantle it I guess I would have to remove the mixer completely from the water supply.:( do you agree.

Not sure - you may be able to remove the top section while leaving the tap in place. A picture would help, if possible.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dextrous, It's just a plunger between the taps,cannot see any means of removing it.I think I'll take a look at a similar one in shop to see if it's accessible from underneath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back