Shower pressure boosting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.

Have tried searching but can't seem to find an answer to my rather specific problem.

Last year I had a new boiler (Viessmann) and unvented tank(Santon Premier) fitted along with all the pipework and radiators which I plumbed myself :D

Only problem is now (within the last month) I am getting dreadful mains pressure thanks to the local water company who I reckon have turned the pressure down to reduce leakage.

I would therefore like to boost the pressure from my shower, the shower is fed from my unvented cylinder and mains cold. Does anyone have any good ideas as how I could go about doing it, as I can't bolt a booster pump to mains.

The only way I can think of is to put in a new cistern and small HW tank to which I can add a booster pump?

thanks in advance

Lorraine

Sponsored Links
lorraine said:
The only way I can think of is to put in a new cistern and small HW tank to which I can add a booster pump?
I can't think of any other way either.

BTW, if your mains pressure is below the legal minimum, surely a big stick can be waved at the water supplier?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back