Shower pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a Redring 320 electric shower for a few years. It works BUT the temperature and the heat of the water are temperamental, so as you turn the dial when it should be getting cooler and more powerful it sometimes does what you want and sometimes does the opposite. Any ideas? Cheers

Sponsored Links
We have a similar problem - I think this is related to the shower scaling up. Does it hum and roar like a kettle ? The scaling reduces the flow and heat transfer causing the safety cut-out to operate. As the shower cools, the safety cut-out resets and the shower heats again - this is the erratic behaviour.

I am waiting to see if anyone has ever managed to descale an electric shower to see if it is worth the trouble or just to replace it.

Trying to replace parts in lecy showers is an art not to damage seals or delicate brackets. We do live in a throw away world. electric & water dont mix so caution is the main point.

Sponsored Links
I have now tried to de-scale using a sachet of de-scaler from tescos and although it is difficult to be sure because of how erratic the shower has become, it did seem to behave better today. The jury is still out though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back