shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all , not sure if this is the right place to post this. my daughter has a gainsborough shower and syas the water is dribbling out of the head very hot, i thnk it might be the solenoid in the shower, is there anything else that could cause this symptom? i think the model is 10.5 gce but ive asked her to check that as i cant find that model on the gainsborough site. ifit is the solenoid, is it possible to change it?
thanks
Bill

Sponsored Links
dilalio, thanks for the reply, i have been on that site, i was hoping someone would know from expeerience whether that was the problem or not, and where to get the part as it isnt shown on the spares site

TBH Id just get a new unit, for what they cost! I wouldn't go repairing them as it would be uneconomical for most plumbers to take on the ownership of repair for something like an electric shower!

Sponsored Links
Seems they don't do spares for that shower, if it's a 10.5CSE - no other model number comes closer to the 10.5GCE you mention.

Seems they only supply the whole unit and that's just over £70 bangers

i have taken a short video to show the problem, the water seems slow to start with, then speeds up and then cuts out with a splutter, at this point the water coming out of the shower head is very hot, any ideas please.
link to video

It's certainly over heating. If you're determined to find out if it's the shower itself at fault. Take the hose and head off it and put a bucket under the outlet to rule out the hose and head. If it still does it then I'd be checking the inlet and ensure it's getting enough supply. Once that's checked then it's the shower internals which you can't do anything about and then you're into electrical fault finding. At least then you know if you hang a new one it'll be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back