Shower problems..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Triton HP thermostatic mixer shower and a Vokera mynute 20se System boiler.

Lately I have noticed that the shower is not hot at all anymore, and pressure of the hot water that comes out is not that much. I got the shower catridge replaced, but it is still the same.

The pressure and temperatue of hot water in taps around house is good.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
I took the catridge off and took some pics with water supply on, looks like theres more cold water getting through than hot, (hot pipe is on the left, cold is on the right). Though, both supply's should be the same, as I have a systems boiler with a santon premier unvented system.

Can supply be adjusted?, Heres some pics:

13112007289.jpg

13112007282.jpg

13112007288.jpg

Any advice appreciated. thanks

if you say your hot taps still as good as before
leads me just to the shower pipework.
have you any isolation valves in the pipework or non return valves ?

Sponsored Links
so the problems with the shower pipework.

hve you any isolation valves in the pipe from the cylinder to the shower ?

something is restricting the pipe is the taps are ok.

If you can see in the 3rd pic, there is some kind of valve, Can this be adjusted to let more water through?, If so, what way should it be turned?

yeah its plastic, you think mabye filter needs cleaned? If so, how do i take it out?

What do i need to unscrew it?, also, will unscrewing it have any effect on the flow of water?

so I should manage to get a hold of the check valve tool to adjust the flow restrictor yeah?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back