Shower pump connection to HW bathroom supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Apologises if this questioned has been posed before.

Had a thermostatic mixer bar shower installed about a week ago in the ensuite, however the water pressure is poor.

Cold supply comes from the tank in the loft with approx 1m head of water.
From what I can trace back the hot supply comes up from under the floor but cannot trace where this runs from.

To improve the pressure I wish to install a pump in the airing cupboard on the floor next to the cylinder with a connection to the cylinder via a surrey flange.

The cold feed will come straight down from the water tank and then will need to go back up into the loft to then run across the loft space and back down to the shower mixer.

The hot feed to the shower mixer is my problem, as there appears to be no dedicated hot supply to the shower. It appears to be on the same HW circuit as the rest of the house. I cannot get access to the back of the shower to run a new dedicated HW supply from the pump.

Do assume I will have to pump the whole HW circuit, or is their any other solution.

Thanks for your help in advance.

MK

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back