Shower pump positive or negative head.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am fitting a new thermostatic shower with a 2 bar shower pump. The pump will be on the airing cupboard floor about 2650mm below bottom of cold water tank. The shower head will be about 500mm below cold water tank. The pump will have dedicated supplies and a surrey flange fitted to the hot water cylinder. My question is will it be Ok to run the outlet pipes from the pump back up into the loft then across about 2 metres and back down 1.5m to the shower mixer and up 1m to the shower head? Ive not yet purchased pump but looking at the technical stuff for various makes on the net I appear to have positive head but would the pipes going into the loft effect that and make it negative head? Would the pipes to the shower need to be vented? if so how and where?
Hope this makes sense!
Stan

Sponsored Links
To answer your questions in the order you asked:

Yes

No

No

Hope that's OK :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back