shower pump, positive or negative head????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am planning an en suite with a shower just below the water tank which feeds the hot water container.
When holding the showerhead high it might be higher than the outlet of the tank.
The cold water comes from the mains supply. I have been told that a pump for positive head will do, as long as I put it ar the same level as the hot water cylinder, which is on the floor below the new shower.
Does anyone have any experience with such an installation and can confirm this? Or will I need a pump for negative head anyway?
Thank You Tamrasi

Sponsored Links
if the outlet is higher than the water level in the tank then you would need a neg pump, or just lower the shower head until the water starts and then you can put it as high as you like :)

Sponsored Links
No you can't mix mains and tank fed, it almost always fails..
---

The head thing, is relative to the water in the COLD tank feeding the hot one which will be above it, either a floor above (loft) or sitting on top of the hot directly.
As long as it's high enough for water to flow unaided from the showerhead, you don't need a neg head pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back