Shower pump - Poor hot water pressure/temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new here, been searching the net for answers to my problem and found this forum. Trawled through the site but didn't find a similar post so though I ask to see if anybody else has had my problem and know how to fix it.

Basically, I have just installed a Salamander ESP50CPV as per the instructions in the manual, including fitting a Salamander S Flange. I've plumbed everything in to my old Mira mixer shower. I primed the system to ensure there was no air in the system as per the instruction manual. Turned the pump on, followed instructions and all appeared to be ok. Turned on the hot water system on to heat the water, I had to drain the CWS tank to move the water feeds away from the ball valve.

Went for a first shower and I set the temperature of mixer shower in the place I normally would, it seemed very powerful but cold. Waited a few minutes but the water did not get to the normal temperature so I turned the dial to increase the temperature. I had to turn it fully round to max to get the hot to come through, but the pressure seemed poor and the water did not seem to be as hot as normal.

I turned the shower pump off and tried the shower and it went back to how it normally was 50% hot and 50% cold gave the right setting for me. I held the AV coupler on the hot outlet of the pump when the pump was off and the shower running and the coupler was very hot to the touch. I turned the pump on and the coupler started to cool down. Could the mixer shower allow for the cold water to be forced back down the hot pipe work when the mixer is set to hot or could the hot side of the pump not be pumping enough and allowing the cold to flow down the hot pipework?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Neil

Sponsored Links
Thanks Pete, yep spoke to salamander today. A faulty bypass valve in the pump itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back