New Shower Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to this!

We have a shower that runs off the hot water cylinder.

After a short shower, the temperature of the water decreases, until it is cold. This happens even though we turn the hot/cold tap, on the mixer tap, to the highest temperature mark.

When turning the hot tap on another part of the hot water system, immediately after the incident with the shower loosing heat, there still, seems to be plenty of hot water left in the system. :confused:

Any advice why this should happen?

Iam willing to change the shower . Any advice which I should choose? i.e Electric or new thermostatic with assisted pump?

I am unsure wether the mixer unit on the shower is manual or thermostatic? Any advice on how we can check this out?

Sorry ,lots of qqueries.

Regards,
Pat55

[/quote]

Sponsored Links
i think you'll find the cold water is pushing the hot water back up the pipes due to the cold water being at mains pressure.

i take it you get hot only ok but when you try to introduce some cold all the hot goes away ?

Thanks.

It is after a while of introducing the cold water, that the hot water decreases in temperature, not straight away.
Pat55

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back