Thermostatic shower not very hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a thermostatic mixer shower about six months ago and now that cooler weather is here i am finding that water is not getting hot enough even when shower is turned fully to hot position. Water is heated by a combi boiler which is on maximum temperature and all other taps are very hot including bath taps. Would putting an isolation valve on cold supply upto shower and reducing cold water flow do anything? Any advice appreciated....

Sponsored Links
no because it's a thermostatic shower.

try turnning the temp from fully hot to fully cold a few times.
as people tend to leave the temp in one place the cartridge can become stuck in one place and operateing them fully keeps the cartridge free.

if it can't be freed new cartridge.

or the mixer may have the max temp adjuster set to low

I've also got a thermostatic shower that has gone cold. It's only a couple of months old. As per bashersmith's post...new worcester bosch 30CDi has water temp at max and all other taps are roasting.

I did a bucket fill test for the bath taps - cold water supply 8.0 litres in 30 secs. Hot water was about 4.5 litres.

So I'm trying to work out if I need to reduce the flow or reduce the pressure - or is this the same thing? and how to go about this.

Last night I tried turning the cold water isolation valve on the cold water feed to partially off - with a result that the cold water bucket fill reduced to just below about 5 litres. The shower water temp was abit better, but the next morning (I assume when cold water was bit colder) the temp was luke warm again.

Any thoughts welcome.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back