More cold showers!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our combi boiler broke, and ever since it was fixed (by way of a new thermostat apparently...) we have been unable to get a decent flow of hot water from the mixer shower or the bath. Other hot water taps are all working as before. When I turn the shower/bath to maximum temperature I can get a warm flow for about 30 seconds then it goes cold again and I have to turn the shower off for about 60 seconds before I can get a warm flow again. Also, if I run the hot bath tap slowly to keep the flow hot I've noticed that sometimes the water pressure drops off to a dribble, at which point the boiler thermostat will show the temperature in the boiler increase to very hot temperatures - if I now turn the tap on full extremely hot water will come out. Any ideas what the problem is??? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes lots but you need to tell us the standard stuff.
What boiler is it, and how old?

Can you turn DOWN the temp on the boiler - may help the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back