Mixer bath Shower taps; are they all the same

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bath is on ground floor, supplied by cylinder for hot on groundfloor. Cold water tank on first floor.

The shower is either all hot or all cold. The turning part of the taps is rubbish; it feels very sloppy. The pressure seems ok.

Do you think its the rubbish tap unit or the system which is causing the inbalance in the water temp?

Would a different mixer tap work ok? Would it be cheaper to use a thermostatic bath shower mixer or install electric shower?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Is the cold water feed to the bath tap a gravity feed from the cold water storage tank, or is it fed direct from the rising main?

Many are fed at mains pressure, and work fine - until a shower mixer is installed, then opening the cold tap can overwhelm a gravity hot feed, so all you get is cold water at the shower head.

Sometimes the cold storage tank will overflow as the mains pressure forces cold water back up the hot feed.

Thanks for reply.

I assumed it was from the tank, but now it seems from the main.

If I change the mixer to two taps, would one of those push-on shower mixers from argos work better do you think?

I need a low cost solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back