Shower pump stopped working after changing mixer valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so i've got a New Team Deluxe shower pump. All was working fine until I recently bought a new shower mixer valve (as replacing shower / shower head). One day it was working perfectly then next day everything turned off, water drained, replaced mixer valve and plumbed in. Turned everything back on, allowed time for water tanks to fill etc and upon turning on the shower, water comes out but the pump doesnt kick in. No noise from it at all. I've tried changing fuse etc and fail to see how the pump could coincidentally pack up at the same time as changing the shower mixer valve but cannot figure out what could be wrong.

I thought maybe some kind of air lock but just before the pump notice that there's an auto air vent on both hot and cold water supplies to the pump so presumably cant be that.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
1. Auto air vents can block, particularly in hard water areas.

2. Is the new shower a similar capacity to the old, does it allow enough flow to make the pump start?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back