Shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Read through many posts on here but cannot find the answer. Getting really frustrated now and need help.
Shower pump has always been in the attic since we moved here and fkow has varied from ok to poor. i am now remodelling the ensuite and find the pump is in the attic above the HWC and below the Cold water tank. cold input attached to cold watre tank hot to cylider with sussex flange. Checking flow rate from the shower is only about 5-6l/min which seems very low. My question is does the flow decrease the further away the pump is from the HWC i am presuming this could be case as there would be more pulling of the water the furthe away yu get.
Would it be worth resiting the pump next to cylinder and do you think this would increase the flow. (pump is a 1.5bar)

THANKS

Sponsored Links
The flow rate will decrease as a result of the pipe resistance rather than specifically the distance,

But the internal parts of taps are often the main offenders!

Tony

Sponsored Links
its a showerforce turbo 2 so probably a cheapie not sure of rating. Sorry Tony dont understand your ref to taps!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back