Shower running Hot Cold Hot Cold Hot Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The hose on my Mira 415 Shower burst last week and now that I've fitted a new hose the shower runs hot - cold - hot - cold all the time.

What can it be?

Sponsored Links
have you checked if the boiler is cutting in/out while this is happening ?

Sponsored Links
Yeah the 'Hot Water' light is constantly on but the 'Burner On' light goes out and the burner stops intermittently.

I just had the boiler serviced last month.

Yeah, it's cutting out when you use the bath taps, sink taps (in Bathroom upstairs) and also cutting out when the Kitchen sink taps are on (downstairs).

Pressure on the gauge is 1.2 bar (but that relates to the central heating system doesn't it)

Well he's coming back on Saturday to try to correct the installation of three radiators that he installed that Haven't been balanced when he installed them and are therefore only getting hot at the top and not at the bottom and also one of them is a vertical red which apparently has some baffle/diverter in it and therefore it matters which way round the flow and return go - He's put them on the wrong way round.

I have little faith in him now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back