Shower screen problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've not been very clever. We have a bath with a moulded shell like back to it and recently installed a shower complete with screen. Unfortunatley the water rebounds off the body in the shower and pools at the end of the bath. It then escapes round the back of the shower screen. We have tried putting silicone in every gap but it seems to be getting out where the rubber seals on the screen meet (not a great fit). Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem without buying a new bath.

Hayley

Sponsored Links
I think I can see what you mean. I installed a screen on my bath a few months ago, and found that getting the vertical seal and horizontal seal to meet up took a bit of care. Then to make sure, I squeezed clear silicone into the join and wiped off the excess.

That's my next job for the weekend! The silican sealant should do the trick! Depends on how good the fit is between the wall and bracket supplied with the shower screen?!

I made a similar enquiry some time ago with regard to an identically shaped bath, to date I have received no positive solution.
I even contacted the manufacturer of the bath, who was not interested at all, after all they only sell the bath.

Sponsored Links
Well, I haven't got that far yet as the bloomin shower screen keeps swinging away from the bath, I don't think it was quite straight at the top. Then to make matters worse I cracked one of the tiles on the corner....quickly I lost patience. Not an easy thing to fit first time around. The brackets never quite fit snuggly against the wall, should have opted for the shower curtain and put up with it sticking to you everytime you have a shower!!! :LOL:

You could try one of the circular shower curtains that suspends from the ceiling...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back