shower tray - easy plumb kit or not??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am looking to purchase a Cooke & Lewis Cascata Shower Enclosure from B&Q.
These come supplied with an Ultra Low profile shower tray (27mm depth) & a high flow 90mm waste that apparently removes water at a rate ofover 24 litres per minute.

We are going to be installing this tray above a plywood based floor – I am in two minds wether or not to purchase the easy plumb kit and raise the tray to accommodate waste or put the tray directly onto the plywood and bury pipe-work beneath the floorboards? Our current shower enclosure has an easy plumb kit installed which makes the depth of tray quite deep and spoils the look (this includes an S bend trap below before it reaches the waste pipe). This has also recently been getting clogged up with hair so I like the idea of using an easy plumb kit again in case the blockage occurs again! The C&L tray is not very deep (27mm O/A deep and not much depth inside the tray) even if the high flow waste can remove 24 litres per minute – surely not with a blockage!! Unless the supplied 90mm high flow waste supplied prevents hair build up?

Looking at the Easy Plumb kit this does looks quite discreet in terms of depth but it doesn’t say anywhere what the O/A depth is once installed.

I have also seen the HepV0 Self Sealing Waste Valve and also thought this may be a good idea because I could then remove the S-Bend waste currently installed beneath my shower tray!
Is there anything I could install onto the waste to stop the build-up of hair clogging up?

I really like the look of the ultra low tray directly onto floor but then my head keeps telling to go for the easy plumb kit as it would be a better option in case I needed to get at the waste.

Sponsored Links
buy a proper shower waste it has a basket built into it that can be accessed from the top of the shower tray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back