Shower tray installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am going to install a new shower tray into my ensuite the width of the ensuite is slightly less than 1200mm but the originally installed tray was a 1200mm tray that had been cut into the walls, therefore I can't accesss underneath the tray from any direction.

I want to install a stone resin 1200mm tray with the waste going under the floor boards rather than the tray being suspended. The problem I have is that it is not possible to get my had under the tray once it is installed even if I cut a trap in the floor because of the way the joists run. A bathroom fitter said its not a problem because you can install the tray, push the waste pipe through the hole in the tray and install the waste that way. I think I may have misunderstood what he is saying but it seems he thinks you can install the waste after laying the the tray down. Is this correct or have i got the wrong end of the stick. I don't mind not being able to access the waste once it is fully installed because if there is a major problem i can always cut a small section of the ceiling underneath out to gain access, but I don't want to do this to install the tray if its not absolutley necessay.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
If he can install the waste after the tray is down without access .ie cutting a hole in floor he must be Marvo the magician!!!!

You defo need access to install drain , be it by raised platform ,hole in floor whitch you say you cant do ,or access from underneath.

Unless any of my more learned friends out there can suggest diff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back