Replacing a Shower Tray ni a New build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to move into a new build. the developer needs to install his supplied shower tray into our Ensuite, but I intend to remove on completion and fit a complete new shower - it ws not economic for him to fit my Shower. He is fitting an 800x1200 rectangular shower tray with a small stand and small legs, trap under tray, but waste going down through floor (weyroc) and between joists(not through) to stack 10ft away.

I want to replace with a Merlyn 1200x900 but location of the new waste is not quite the same place as the rectangular tray, being about 20cm to one side.

Is it OK to simply cut a large diameter hole say 10-15 cm where I want the new Waste and P trap to go and use a flexi pipe from Ptrap to original Waste pipe. Then use 5-1 cement/Sand mix to lay a thin bed upon which to mount the tray.

How do I make sure the Tray to Trap to Pipe is sealed and stays sealed, as once tray cemented down suspect I can never get at the trap again(other than through celling in room below!).

I am going to 'tank' the walls before tiling, should I tank before cementing the shower tray?

I am going to put 6mm hardy backer board on the floor for the Tiler, again should this go on the floor before cemeting tray or is it Ok to cement tray and cut backerboard around tray?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back