Shower tray installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got an acrylic shower tray like this which i want to install directly onto the ply flooring that ive put down across the joists.

Should i be using something like a single part flexible tile adhesive or a bed of mortar to bed the tray into? Ive seen several guides online but these seem to be for stone-resin trays.

Is the process different for the type of tray ill be using.
p.s crosswater dont seem to invest in creating installation/instruction manuals/guides

Sponsored Links
Take it you already have the tray? Have a look at the underside, there are usually moulded load areas (the circles on that data sheet). If they are flush with the underside of the tray edge then powder (not ready mixed) tile adhesive will be ok (it'll stop the thing wandering, the ply will do the supporting).

Take it you already have the tray? Have a look at the underside, there are usually moulded load areas (the circles on that data sheet). If they are flush with the underside of the tray edge then powder (not ready mixed) tile adhesive will be ok (it'll stop the thing wandering, the ply will do the supporting).

Yes ive already got it.

Its got circles marked out s you described. All flush with the underside of the tray

Looks like a MX durastone from underneath I could be wrong, if so you need to use there contact adhesive to stick the tray down

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back