Shower tray on floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the shower tray a couple of years ago, and am now (at last!) getting round to fitting it. It's a 1200 x 900 x 45 quadrant, and "plastic - the underside is flat, & textured black. But I've lost "the Rules", and there are no labels on it at all.

It's to go in a corner, on floorboards. I've got a sheet of WBP ply that I've cut to shape. But now what ? I shall screw the floorboards down, after I've cut a hole for the waste. Then I guess I screw the ply down, but then what ? It's been suggested that I bang in a pattern of short nails left protruding, then cover it with mortar and drop the tray onto the mortar. Is that "the best"? (If so, what mix?) Or would it do just to spread some gap-filling glue - NoMoreNails or something?

Sponsored Links
If the tray is plastic do not use "short nails" or mortar. See how flat the tray is and if its flat within a few millimeters just sit on a slightly flexible goo such as silicone. Consider how the front (and the other edges) are supported. If some one treads on the front edge, how will their weight be taken?
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back