shower tray question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just refitting my bathroom and we're having a separate shower enclosure the trouble starts with it having a concrete floor, the tray i have is just a flush one so i need to raise it up. the instructions say the tray needs to be supported on 20mm thick marine ply or the tray will break :( whats the best way of doing this?

i was goin to bed a layer of bricks (shape of tray) with the marine ply screwed to them level on top but how do i fix the tray to the ply? do i set it in with mortar? (will the mortar fix to the ply properly?)

any other way of fixin the tray in would be appreciated

andy

Sponsored Links
a good dose of silicone is what you need build the upstand out of wood as well much easier for sorting your waste then gripfil underit and bobs your uncle fixed to the floor ,no need for messing about with bricks and mortar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back