Shower tray waste - 90° corner ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With a shower tray is it acceptable to use a 90° bend ? I had planned 2 * 45°, however, my stud is bang in the way so a 90° would be an easy fix. That would give me: waste fitting -> 200mm straight run, 90° bend, 2000mm straight run to join main waste pipe.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Use a swept bend and as long as the fall is ok then it shouldn't be an issue, just keep the system clean with boiling water and degreaser every month.

Sponsored Links
A good old household cleaner/degreaser ... make up a mix with boiling water and then flush it down the waste once a month followed by copious amounts of boiling water, I'd run 2 or three kettle down the waste, that will help removing any soap scum/grease and flush the pipework clean.

Avoid long hair, it's an absolute killer of shower wastes/traps/bends ... use a hair catcher

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back