shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi lads

Looking at removing the bath and fitting a shower tray

Few questions for you

Going to remove the bath and do away with it and fit a shower tray

Do i just fit a isolation valves and blank hot and cold water supply for old bath under the floor

The new show tray waste is going to be plumbed in to the soil pipe (is this fine as it will be below the inlet of the toilet , its only under 2 meter of run from tray to soil pipe and i am going to use the hepvo connection as there isn’t a lot of room but enough for a run for the waste

Also is there any regs to having a waste pipe and water pipe behind plaster walls

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi lads

Looking at removing the bath and fitting a shower tray

Few questions for you

Going to remove the bath and do away with it and fit a shower tray

Do i just fit a isolation valves and blank hot and cold water supply for old bath under the floor

The new show tray waste is going to be plumbed in to the soil pipe (is this fine as it will be below the inlet of the toilet , its only under 2 meter of run from tray to soil pipe and i am going to use the hepvo connection as there isn’t a lot of room but enough for a run for the waste

Also is there any regs to having a waste pipe and water pipe behind plaster walls

Thank you

What kind of shower is it? if its a mixer on a combi then use the old bath hot + Cold. If its electric use the Cold feed and cap the hot.

What is the distance from the centre of the pan connector to the branch connection of your new 40/50mm shower waste?

As far as I'm aware no regs for hot+cold pipework behind plaster but common sense would prevail here and you would sleeve it.

There is already a electric shower over the bath sory forgot to say so i am just going to balnk off the hot&cold feed for the bath

What is the distance from the centre of the pan connector to the branch connection of your new 40/50mm shower waste?

It would be around 220mm- 250mm from centre , the connection is below floorboards 38mm waste pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back