shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need some advice as to the best way to solve a problem. my shower tray is so close to the floor that the waste pipe has a slight incline of roughly half an inch to where it exits the wall thus the shower tray doesn't completley empty, so should i reroute the waste to exit through the ceiling into the kitchen downstairs( behind the cupboards) and exit the wall at a lower point or put in a higher shower tray so the waste pipe would have a slight decline, i can't move the pipe down any further at the moment as its at its lowest point already coming out onto a flat roof of an extention

Sponsored Links
Can't quite visualise it. There's a void between floor and ceiling below...

Very often the tray has to be lifted, you can buy them on legs with plastic infill panels for around £110. Otherwise it's 2x2 or 4x4 timber, maybe tiled round the outside.

Trays always say suppport them over the whole of the base, but the resin stone ones on legs obviously aren't, and I don't think they're thicker :confused:

Shower trays leak SO often it's always nice to be able to look under there!

in my opinion make to hole in the wall lower down....i personally dont like riser kits for showers.

Sponsored Links
I understand you can't make hole in wall lower because of a flat roofed extension ajacent, but you could re-route the waste via the kitchen. That sounds cheapest option without looking at the job. To raise the shower now surely involves no end of disruption. A small boxed off area in the kitchen to hide the pipe may well prove simplest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back