Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My instructions for my shower tray states to use adhesive, I have 18mm marine ply to put down as a base. My floor is wood tongue and groove and pretty level. What do they mean by adhesive? Also the bottom of my tray is completely flat, is this normal? Thanks. Sorry if this subject has been discussed before.

Sponsored Links
It's not so much to stick the tray down but to make sure all voids are filled. Use a bed of tile adhesive which you normally have anyway when doing a bathroom.

I take it the tray is stone resin? Yeah the trays i have seen are flat on the bottom, all you need to do is make sure the outer raised edges are level, the tray is formed with a fall (similar to modern baths.)
When i fitted mine, i built a frame out of 4x2 with a ply top. I made the frame top about an inch smaller than the tray (its a quadrant) i then used a no nails type adhesive to glue the tray, instructions said use cement.
As a finishing touch, as i had use the tray to mark my ply, so the profile was perfect, i then attatched a piece of white upvc to cover the base, was really smart. On my G/f's tray i used 5mm ply and tiled it with mosaic, looked even better than upvc!

So would you not use sand and cement as an adhesive. I don't have to build the tray up as it is on ground floor and lots of room under.

Sponsored Links
No, I wouldn't but you can if you prefer.

If the MIs state sand and cement, then use sand /cement otherwise warrenty will become null and void

Instructions states adhesive but not what kind. Thanks to you all for answering my query. By the way I have a big bag of coving adhesive, would that do.

According to the instruction manual it is called a Durastone Shower Tray, which is pretty light to move around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back