Shower turning combi boiler on then off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would be really grateful for some help with my shower.

We changed the shower in the house from an electric to one fed from the combi boiler when we changed the bathroom suite about a month ago.

Initially it worked fine. It was never piping hot and it wasn't the most powerful but it was tolerable. Last week it started running cold. It wasn't turning the combi on at all. All other warm taps in the house including the bath ones from which it is spurred were running very warm water.

Spoke to Bristan who said to try running the cold sink tap and cold bath tap and see what happened - no water coming out of the shower and no boiler turning on.

Changed the shower unit with the shop. The man there said they had heard from a number of people in my area that the water pressure is high and suggested turning the stop cock down a touch (it is only on a quarter turn).

Installed the new unit yesterday and the boiler does now turn on but only for 10 seconds. It then goes off for about 10 seconds and then comes back on. As a result only luke warm water in the shower. For all other hot taps the boiler stays on all the time and the water is very warm.

The shower is a Bristan Iflo Sceptre. The boiler is a Sime Friendly Format 80E. Pressure is 1.5 bar. Heating in the house works fine after following the balancing instructions in the FAQs.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back