Shower Waste "Fast Flow"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Approx 10 years ago I built a walk in shower in our bathroom. We bought one of these "fast flow" shower traps that is basically a bottle within a bottle rather than having a P shape in the pipe. It works great in terms of flow, however it gets bunged up quite quickly with hair and gunk. Probably once or twice a month we have to remove the collector and clean it etc as otherwise we end up paddling in the shower.

We're refitting our bathroom soon and I was looking to see if I could find a normal P trap designed to fit in shower so we can avoid this issue, but no one seems to sell these anymore? And it seems like a bath waste is a different size?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
They're deliberately designed like that - the hair traps are there to trap hair, which you then clean out. It prevents the hair getting further down the drain and blocking it where you can't get to it. All traps need to be accessible for cleaning, so you can put a P trap on your new one but you'll need some way of getting to it

Thanks Muggles. Yeah I figured it was by design. I guess we'll just have to put up with it again. I can make the P trap accessible no problem at all, the issue I'm having is finding a suitable 'plain' shower waste without the built in bottle trap (that I can then connect to a P trap). I think the bath wastes are a different diameter and are obviously design to accept plugs etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back