Shower waste pipe run.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently trying to plan the installation of a shower to see if it is viable and I have a few questions regarding the waste run.

The nearest soil stack would be 2.5m vertically down from the shower then 3m along one wall turn 90 degs and 2.5m along another wall to a 4" stack that is vented out of the roof.

The lengths along the walls would be in the area under the kitchen cupboards so ideally I would use no larger than 50mm waste to get some fall on the pipe and squeeze behind the dishwasher thats in the way.

I'm guessing if I put a normal trap on the shower and no additional vent at the shower end of the pipe the trap will be siphoned out as the plug of water flows away? Therefore I could use a hepvo trap or add a stub of pipe above the shower level and fit a durgo?

So I guess I am asking if it is possible to use 50mm pipe for the entire 8m run and if so what venting will be required?

Sponsored Links
A further complication to throw into this is that in an ideal world I would be able to tap into the 2.5m vertical section to take the condensate from a yet to be installed boiler. Would that be possible or are there too many issues with the boiler trap being emptied in this configuration?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back