Shower won't switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've a problem with our Hudson Reed A3006 Tec Twin shower with built in diverter/fixed shower head above. The shower and bath won't switch off. I waited until the tank emptied and shut off the cold water supply and later fitted a new diverter cartridge but it's not made any difference. Any ideas folks?

Sponsored Links
Hi vicvapour, not leaking no. Just that when the off leaver on the shower control is turned to the off position, it does not stop the water pouring from the shower and bath (as if it were being used full power) at the same time. When I cut off the mains feed in the loft, it stops the water. Even though the shower leaver is set to off, water will continue to pour out once I re-start the water supply in the loft.

Sponsored Links
When you say diverter cartridge do you mean thermostatic cartridge or the diverter spindle ?

The part I fitted was brand new from the manufacturer and is named a "Retro Fit 4-way Divertor" and yes, I'd describe the item as a divertor spindle rather than a cartridge perhaps, essentially, the chrome/brass shanked unit fitted between the on/off shower handle and the hot/cold water inlets in the wall. Thanks guys..

You need to change the thermostatic cartridge, this is what controls the on/off function, the diverter valve just controls which outlet the water comes out of.

Thanks for updating. Since last on the website I rethought and re-positioned the rear ceramic disc in the divertor unit. This seems to have corrected the problem and water flow can now be switched on/off correctly. The only slight issue is the water's too hot. I'll re-callibrate the spindle setting to see if this makes a difference.
Out of interest, where exactly can the thermo cartridge be found, is it in the brass hot/cold housing in the wall?

Thanks for your previous help... shower working again (although pump seems to have stopped operating, will replace ahead if necessary).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back