Siemens RWB29

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced a Sunvic SP 100 Controller, with a Siemens RWB29 Controller, but I find it is not wo4rking properly.

I have wired the Unit correctly, and had it checked by an Electrician. However, when I switch the Unit on to CH or HW Manual, it Ignites the Gas Fire, but istead of the Gas staying on to heat the Water, it goes out in about 1 minute! Hense, the Water is never fully heated!

This happens with Central Heating AND Hot Water!

What am I doing wrong?

survivalist.

Sponsored Links
a bit more info about your system might just help a tad, and I think you have a boiler connected to your system rather than a fire.

Not too sure about what the entire System contains, as it was put in before I bought the property.

We have a 'Back Boiler' behind the Fire which heats the Water for the Hot Water System and the Central Heating. This is turned on when the HW or CH System is activated. This is the bit where the 'Fire' or 'Boiler Heater System' is NOT staying on.

The Water Tank behing the Fire feeds up into a large Water Tank in the Attic. This Tank feeds the Hot Water to both the Central Heating and the Taps.

There is a Thermostat controlling Room Temperature on the Lounge wall.

There is a Water Pump, but I am not sure whether the System is designed to be partailly Gravity Fed, or whether it is Pump Operated all the time. I have tried setting the 5th Pin to BOTH settings, to no effect. The same thing happens on both settings.

The Boiler Fire only remains ON for a matter of some 45 seconds, and then switches OFF!

Any ideas?

James.

Sponsored Links
SORRY!

I forgot to mention in my last Post that there is also an Electronically Operated 'Switch' in the Attic that switches the Water System from Central Heating to Hot Water.

It turns a Valve from one System to the other when you go from Central Heating to Hot Water.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back