Siemens SI 14.44 iQ700 washing machine won't start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our washing machine has decided to play up today. When I press the start button, the LED above it flashes once, and the machine bleeps twice. It does this on every program. It is not reporting any error message.

Wondering if the door switch/lock might have gone faulty?

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• SI 14.44 front panel.jpg
    SI 14.44 front panel.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
Managed to dig the door lock out, and take that to bits, and it looks like the solenoid in it has gone open circuit.

Attachments

• Door lock.jpg
    Door lock.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links
New lock fitted and all working well. Couple of lessons learnt for anyone else attempting this type of repair:

1. I was expecting to have to dig the integrated machine out (which is why I posted on here first), but in fact, the spring and wire securing the rubber seal to the front panel is easily removed, the rubber seal folded back, and this gives just about enough room to get your hands in and replace the lock unit. The wires were very short on ours though which made it more fiddly than it should have been.

2. There is a red manual release pull, and fitting that back in was actually harder than fitting the switch. I found it was easier to remove the lower front panel of the machine to do that part of the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back