sime combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a sime combi boiler model SUPER 80 boiler code 8088904 serial number 25/09/179657, the pilot light does not ignite, it makes the initial noise of ignition but pilot light does not come on, i am finding it hard to get a central heating engineer to help and i need an estimate quote before any work is done, i am a 3rd year student nurse and money is very short, can anyone give me some advice.

Sponsored Links
Breakdown estimates are generally almost impossible without check onsite. Ask as many people as it takes to find a recommended local engineer who is prepared to fix the problem. all good engineers are extremely busy at the moment and therefore not interested in quoting on repairs.

I'm a fully qualified nurse and a gas fitter so if I can be of any detailed assistance my email address is in my profile.

Sponsored Links
I'm a fully qualified nurse and a gas fitter so if I can be of any detailed assistance my email address is in my profile.

Thanks for offering your help Paul, the only other thing i can add about the boiler is that the motor bit (i think) used to get very hot when the heating was on, just before it broke down, Am still trying to find a reliable engineer, thanks again Wilma.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back