Sime Combi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Have a fault with a Sime Combi boiler. The Heating and hot water seems to work however i noticed that the boiler keeps firing up thenswitching off. The LED is green whilst running, then switches to orangs and stops. 10-16 seconds later (sometimes longer ) it goes green and fires up again.

I seems to be ok from cold when warming up, it just seems to be when warm. Also when having a shower the water goes hot cold hot cold.

Any Clues

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Worcesterboy said:
Hi - Have a fault with a Sime Combi boiler. The Heating and hot water seems to work however i noticed that the boiler keeps firing up thenswitching off. The LED is green whilst running, then switches to orangs and stops. 10-16 seconds later (sometimes longer ) it goes green and fires up again.

I seems to be ok from cold when warming up, it just seems to be when warm. Also when having a shower the water goes hot cold hot cold.

Any Clues

Cheers

it could be a thermistor fault

I think its more likely to be associated with the air pressure switch. Unfortunately unless you are CORGI registered I am unable to give you further guidance.

Sime have made several boilers and a note of your model would be advantageous.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Hi there, its a 100c Format.

Done a few more tests on it. From cold its fine, it only after it been on a certain time the problem starts and when it does the cycles get shorter and shorter, ie it'll be on for 10 seconds before (I suppose i'd say it cuts out.) The orange light stays on for 10 seconds then fan comes on, it firees up and will run for another 10 seconds before it happens again

Cheers

hiya my sime super 90 combi has hot water constantly running down the overflow pipe i been told that it would cost approx £300-£400 TO REPAIR CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE AND IF THIS IS A CORRECT ESTIMATE THNX

I dont see what boiloer repair can cost that much!

Should be no more than about £140.

Tony Glazier

could you tell me what you think is wrong with my sime boiler its a sime super 90 and its working ok but theres hot water running down the overflow pipe constantly do you think it can be repaired and how much it would cost i dont know anything about it myself so i dont know if im eing ripped off or not thnx

manda234 said:
could you tell me what you think is wrong with my sime boiler its a sime super 90 and its working ok but theres hot water running down the overflow pipe constantly do you think it can be repaired and how much it would cost i dont know anything about it myself so i dont know if im eing ripped off or not thnx

Hard to say, if the expansion vessel is perished and the boiler needs to come off the wall to replace it then that sounds fair enough.

power to the switch but no power to the CP control Board so nothing is happening. boiler is not turned on

This seems odd - AGILE: how do you come to the APS being at fault? Surely this would mean no firing sequence at all if stuck on NC??, or a problem with hose/ports etc??

Could be a sludged up main heat exchanger causing boiler to cycle on/off/on/off...

That discussion was five years ago!

I cannot give advice on gas or combustion related matters on an open forum.

You will need to become gas registered!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back