Sime Format 30HE ignition lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have the above combi boiler, which is only 18months old.

I cam e home this evening to find it not working. I've tried all the stuff it suggests in the manual but nothing seems to get it to work.

Using the diagnostic fault finder is would appear that it is in Ignition Lock.
The LED1 is off, and LED2 is red.
I can get it to LED1 green and LED2 off, and can hear a whirring noise (pump/fan), however it revert back to LED1 off, and LED red after a very short time.
I can't hear any flame, although I can hear a faint clicking, which I suspect is the ignition trying to work.
The gas is switch on (ie my cooker hob works), and when I turn a hot water tap on, I hear a click in the boiler.
I did note that the water pressure was at 0. I have subsequently primed the system and it now shows 1 bar.

PLease help, my house is getting cold :cry:

Sponsored Links
I did note that the water pressure was at 0. :

You ever so casually make that comment!

Would you ever dream of running your car with no oil in the sump?

We dont see many Sime boilers I am pleased to say! My last one was last Sunday and that was enough to put me off them for a few weeks.

Without looking up the circuit I cannot guess at all the possibilities and it would be a waste of my time to do so. In any case most faults like that would need a CORGI registered engineer.

In front of the boiler it would be so easy! Why dont you do like most people and call their local service agent?

Tony

I did note that the water pressure was at 0. :

You ever so casually make that comment!

Would you ever dream of running your car with no oil in the sump?

We don't see many Sime boilers I am pleased to say! My last one was last Sunday and that was enough to put me off them for a few weeks.

Without looking up the circuit I cannot guess at all the possibilities and it would be a waste of my time to do so. In any case most faults like that would need a CORGI registered engineer.

In front of the boiler it would be so easy! Why dont you do like most people and call their local service agent?

Tony
:(
Would you have preferred if I'd used capital letters and a load of exclamation marks for effect? It was simply noting down what I saw.

Terribly sorry to have wasted your time. I will call my local engineer, but if you'll note the time I made the post ie 9.40pm, it was a bit late.

I thought the idea of this forum was to try and help people. Unfortunately, your attitude confirms most things I feel about tradesmen. I'm surprised you didn't shake your head, take a deep breathe in and charge me a call out fee.

I clearly wasted my time coming on here.

We do try to help people and we give our time and expertise to do that free of charge.

However, its reasonable to expect that owners should take reasonable care to protect their boilers by regularly checking the system pressure.

In the same way that car owners are expected to check the oil level without woiting for a red light to come on.

In your case there appears to be an ignition lockout. That can be caused by many things but they would all need an experienced CORGI engineer to investigate your particular problem.

For safety reasons we cannot give detailed advice on gas related matters to anyone who is not competent to work with gas and they would not need to ask anyway.

Hopefully you have not wasted your time on here because you will keep the boiler pressure at about 1.5 Bar and avoid the cost and inconvenience of your boiler failing again.

A friend of mine did not check his car's oil level and covered up the warning light with yellow stickers. £2500 later he now checks the oil every week !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sime are out of business I believe but here is a phone number for a firm in EK who do the the service work etc,

Sime are still alive and well in the UK as far as I can tell and use the telephone number 0870 9911114 !!!

They were disturbed for a short while a copuple of years ago when the UK franchisee put his business into liquidation but held on to the telephone lines and web site!

In the meantime the parent quickly established a directly owned UK subsidary mostly employing the same people. They were in Bradford but seem to have moved to Castleford now ???

We also repair Sime boilers in our local area but they are not my prefered make!

Tony

Just in case anybody is interested, the problems was a faulty temp sensor in the flue, causing the unit to shut off the gas.
£50 sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back